@ChelsieHill, dancer and founder/CEO of @rollettes_la is on a mission to make dance more inclusive.

@ChelsieHill, dancer and founder/CEO of @rollettes_la is on a mission to make dance more inclusive. "Growing up as a dancer, my body was everything to me," she says. . Hill started dancing when she was 3 years old. By the time she was 5, she was competing nationally. Then when she was 17, she heard the words: You're never going to walk again. "Right away I was like, 'Well, I don't just walk. I'm a dancer. What does that mean?'" she says. . Hill's spinal cord had been injured in a drunk driving accident, when the car she was a passenger in struck a tree head-on. The injury caused her to become paralyzed from her waist down. ”Going from having all function of my entire body and being able to leap, and jump, and kick to having someone who I didn't meet before tell me that that was no longer possible—the first year I was completely in disbelief. I didn't know you could go one day from walking to then not." . Meeting other people with diasbilities helped Hill learn that there was a way to live fully in her new normal. "I started to feel a little bit more like, 'OK, I'm not so alone,’” Hill explains. About never being able to dance again: the doctor was wrong. "I had this idea, this vision, that it'd be still cool to have a bunch of girls in wheelchairs dancing in a ballroom," she says. "And for me, going into the disability community, there was nothing like that. There was no space for women to go to to feel some sort of normalcy and then also a place for women to go and empower each other and network." . Head to our IG story to learn more about Hill (she's taking over for the day!) — and tap the link in the bio to read her full story👆 (📸: @aerie) #ThisisMe #AerieReal


Note: All rights belong to their respective owners #livenews, #cablenews, #usnews, #businessnews, #worldnews, #news, #eveningnews, #nightlynews, #breakingnews, #nightlynewsnbc, #nbcnewsnow, #newsnbc, #nbcnewslive, #nbcnewstoday, #newstoday, #newsstation, #stockmarket, #nbcnewslivetoday, #newsnbclive, #nbcnewslivestream, #nbcnewsspecialreport, #newswithshepardsmith, #coroner, #nbclive, #nbc, #abc, #nbcspecialreport, #report, #Iamlatest #latesttrend #latestnews #latestissue #latestart #latestpicture #latestupdate #FoxNews #CNN #SkyNews #AlJazeera #BBC #MSNBC #Euronews #GeoNews #NDTVIndia
Previous Post Next Post